Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What is WRONG With People????

So, seriously. What is wrong with people? I know the answer; the problem is Satan! I was reading the paper this evening. We have this horrid section of the newspaper called 'Sound Off.' People with very little good to say call in and say outrageous things. There is a regular section and a sports section. I know that the opinions may not be that of the newspaper, but I think when they print something, even if it is some person's phoned in complaint, the newspaper is responsible for what is printed.

The sports one contained one person's call in about a particular sports figure, calling him a 'horrible excuse for a human being.' Not everyone has to like him, and everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions. I think the people who drove from Florida to loot people in Alabama and Mississippi- THEY have done HORRIBLE things. The sports figure may be a polarizing figure, but I think it is unfair and rather cruel to call him a horrible excuse for a human being. The media wanted to be furious when someone poisoned the trees, but they will still print things that stir up hate. I have debated calling the newspaper all evening. I would hope that I would want to defend a person, even if I weren't a fan. Does that make any sense? I would hope so, anyway.

There are so many other things going on in the world that are bigger than we are. Love or hate sports figures or other famous people, they are still humans. They have a mother and a father. Some of them even have younger siblings who are still young and very impressionable. They have friends. Some have kids. I wish people would think twice before some things were said. If it isn't really that important, DON'T SAY IT!

Be ye kind, one to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment