Saturday, August 27, 2011

This and That

Football starts next week!!! College football, anyway!! I am very excited for the season to get kicked off and all of the offseason garbage to get taken care of by the game instead. I LOVE college football. I mean it. The media ALMOST ruined it for me this past year, and I don't mean just the stuff with Auburn. They are so bent on getting a story or getting even, they don't even care about the people that are being affected.  I have decided that they won't steal my joy of the game.

So many people are struggling with so many things right now. A lady I used to teach with has been very sick. She has finally been diagnosed with a blood cancer. She needs your prayers. Her name is Lisa. So many people are hurting. Young children are sick. People who work can barely pay bills. Things are more important than breaking a story or getting a W.

I just hope as this season comes along, we can all keep in perspective the things that are really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment