Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Birthdays and Other Honors...

Today is my twin nieces' birthday. They turned 4 today. We are having their party in about a week and a half. I am still amazed with them. If you didn't know, they were preemies. Emma weighed 2.6  pounds and Ella weighed 3.7. They didn't really have any major problems other than needed to gain weight, but luckily, we have USA Children's Hospital here in Mobile, so we were able to see them as much as we wanted while they were in the NICU. USA's NICU is amazing. They were so professional yet caring and loving as well. The girls both were on strict routines with feeding and changing. Our family is forever grateful to all the staff at USA Children's and Women's Hospital. I also have a HUGE admiration for NICU nurses. So, thanks to anyone who is a NICU nurse or works in a NICU. They are doing great now, and they don't seem to have any lasting issues.

My mom got a huge honor today. The school she teaches at decided to start awarding a 'Heart and Soul' teaching award, named after a counselor who worked at the school for many, many years. The award is voted on by staff, and this year, my mom won! I am so proud of her. She didn't tell me, though, because she knew I'd try to come. She didn't tell me until tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment