Sunday, September 4, 2011

More of this and that

So, I told a friend I had some favorite football players that didn't go to Auburn or Southern Miss. I was telling him using twitter with my cellphone, so I couldn't really list any players, so here they are in no particular order. I'm going to add a little story for some of them, but for some of them, there isn't really a reason.  I don't think it makes me any LESS of an Auburn fan because I appreciate some players from other schools. Nor does it make me any less of a Southern Miss fan. I love both of my schools but I also love football. Sometimes, I love these guys for off the field reasons, but these are players I admire, nonetheless.

1.  Peyton Manning
2. Dexter McCluster- he's just fast and fun to watch run
3. Tim Tebow- I don't think anyone tried harder to put God first in anything he did. You can disagree with me, and that is fine. I am not going to argue about it. I admire him.
4. Steve McNair
5. Walter Payton
6. Jay Barker
7. Colt McCoy- Did you know? He jumped out of a boat once when he was fishing because he saw someone struggling in the water. He swam across the lake and dragged him out of the water and rescued him from drowning.
8. Deion Sanders- Read his biography and your opinion of him won't be the same.
9. Herschel Walker
10. Rodney Scott- He listened when God spoke.
11. Larry Fitzgerald- I like to watch him catch and run. Even when he was in college.
12. Danny Wuerffel
13. Charlie Ward

I am sure there are some more, but these are the ones I can remember.

Now if I picked Auburn and Southern Miss players that were my favorite, we'd be here all day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment