Saturday, January 8, 2011

For all those who keep fighting

I am full of emotion tonight. It's been building up. All of my life, I have been an Auburn fan. It's not that I accept mediocrity, its just that I love Auburn so much that nothing would make me NOT be a fan. In 2004, I had hope of the team playing for the National Championship, but it was not in the cards for us that year. Here I sit on the Saturday night prior to the Monday National Championship Game. I have been hurrying around getting everything ready for two days of work so I don't have to worry about getting things ready before/during/after the game. It still doesn't seem real. I am so excited. If I had the money, I would so love to go to Glendale. I feel badly though, that there are so many people with such negativity. The negativity I am speaking of isn't even relating to Cam Newton. That would take a whole other blog all together.

People can say what they want. Yes, there has been some controversy surrounding the team this year. That hasn't stopped them. Especially these seniors. They have REALLY been through some things. The season when Tony Franklin was brought in was just terrible. My family still cheered for the team. Took our usual ribbing and beyond-teasing from so called friends. It's nothing compared to what the players and their families went through. Yet, they stuck it out. They played through a TERRIBLE season. Then, a coaching change, a so-so season, and a devastating injury to a teammate.  Now, they sit on the edge of greatness.  If you feel you have negative things to say, please find somewhere else to say it. The players, their families, and the coaches deserve to enjoy the last moments these boys have of college ball.  Is it jealousy? I am not sure. I have definitely felt envy when Alabama won several NCs. I never, ever felt the need to rip parent, siblings, or individual players just because I could do it behind a faceless social network site. The thing that really bothers me is that these players and moms could TOTALLY not do the social network sites, yet they allow the fans to feel like we are a part of their lives and can enjoy the victory with them.

So, for the players, parents, and coaches who have kept fighting: The AUFamily LOVES ALL of you. I have prayed for protection over you. I have prayed for you to feel the joy in your hearts of being RIGHT where you deserve to be. Thank you for keeping twitter and facebook and letting me feel like I am a part of things. It has made this season SO much fun that NOTHING can take it away. I have laughed, cried, and nearly had 4 heart attacks this season, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

We love you. We're cheering for you. We stand with you. Give 'em hell, you War Damn Eagles!

No comments:

Post a Comment