Saturday, January 22, 2011

So, if they Really Wanted to Help...

It thoroughly annoys me that we are promised 'help'. Things will be 'different.' Here are the things I know:

1. Gas prices keep going up. I already am in a carpool. Public transportation is not an option in my area.

2. The Water and Sewer rates are going up.

3. Homeowners insurance continues to skyrocket.

4. Every other 'utility' has recently raised rates, all stating 'we haven't raised rates in ___ years.'

5. I am making every effort to eat healthier. Healthier food is MUCH more expensive. If we are SOOOOO worried about the overweight (which I am), I don't think taxing soda and junk food is the answer. How about LOWERING the price of wheat bread or those types of foods?

Here is what else I know:

1. My pay check has NOT increased. As a matter of fact, it DECREASED. The state took out more money for state retirement, starting in August, which lowered my paycheck to being with.
2. Health insurance premiums were raised starting January 1.

The news says not to expect the gas prices to go down any time soon. They also predicted increased costs of food and other things.

Something SERIOUSLY has to give. I am not angry. I just wish we, as a country, would use a little more common sense when considering what would actually help people.

No comments:

Post a Comment