Monday, January 17, 2011

Thank You

So, I thought I'd take a second and officially thank all the seniors and those leaving Auburn. I would leave out some people some of the time, but I want to get everyone in.

Rhett Lashlee- I wish you ALL the best at Samford and look for great things from you in the future.

Cam, Darvin, and Nick- You gave us a fantastic season. I hope all of you know your AUfamily sticks around forever, so come back and visit as much as you can. Best of luck to all of you. You were fabulous in times of pressure this year, and we are thankful. It was fun!

 For all of the seniors: You all were a team that stuck together in good times and bad. You REALLY went through it. I am SO glad you had such a great year to end your college careers.We are all so proud of all of you. You always have a home with the AUfamily, and we look forward to great things from all of you in the future, whether it is football or something else.

Mike Berry- thank you! you were part of the ever strong 0-line. This would NOT have been possible without you.
Mike Blanc- The D-line was incredible in the NC game. Thank you for all you have done for AU.
Jorrell Bostrom- Thank you! You made some big plays this year!
Kodi Burns- There will never be enough words to say how grateful were are to you. You sacrificed what you wanted for yourself for the good of the team. When you could have become very difficult, you stood up and did the right thing. More people should be like you. This world would be a better place. I look forward to seeing GREAT things from you.
Josh Bynes- You have been incredible for AU. I watched all those interceptions you made in the Arky game this year! Thank you.
Wes Byrum- From your freshman year, you were never afraid to go out on the field and make a game winning kick when so many people would fold under pressure. I think it is fitting that your college career ended in the same fashion as I remember it starting off. I will never forget you gator-chomping down the field and I will never forget your stone-cold ice look before you kicked at the end of the NC game.
Antoine Carter- You are the never give up guy! You kept running after the Heisman winner when others would have quit. Thank you!
Neil Caudle- Again, you sacrificed what you wanted for the good of the team and became a member of the never-fail extra-point and field goal unit. Thank you!
Wade Christopher- Thank you for your service and time at AU. Your presence made a difference.
Zach Clayton- It seemed like you were always coming up with great plays this year. You were always so humble and insightful in interviews. I think you will do great things.
Bart Eddins- Never in my life will I be able to erase the memory of seeing you in your Halloween costume. I know you battled injuries all of your career. Thank you for never quitting. You will do great things. It was wonderful to see you place in the SEC champ game.
Zac Etheridge- Again, words cannot express the way AU fans feel about you. We watched you being taken off the field, sure that you would never play again. You never believed that though. You are an inspiration for EVERYONE and a symbol of AU spirit.  I have loved following you career and seeing you battle back from impossible circumstances.
Mario Fannin- Thank you! You were always able to comp up with big plays at times it mattered. You struggled but you never let it get you down. I know we will see great things from you.
Michael Goggans- You also never let circumstances get you down. You kept fighting, even when things weren't the brightest. You had your best moments when it counted, though. You will be great.
Byron Isom- This O-Line was a once in a lifetime group. It was amazing to watch you all simply not let ANYONE through.  Thank you!
Woody Parramore- I never knew that much about you until the media days from the NC game. Thank you for your years at AU.
Ryan Pugh- All year, it seemed Centers were snapping the ball all over the field, over the heads of giant QBs. Not you. You were rock-steady. We will surely miss you. I don't think people appreciate a good center until there isn't one. I know you will do great things.
Aairon Savage- I know things didn't work out for you the way you wanted. You kept getting injuries. I really hope it led you to a place where you know what you want to do. You are a fighter and I know we will see great things from you.
Ryan Shoemaker- What a difference you made in the NC game! Your name is so perfect for kicking! I hope to see great things from you in the future.
Craig Stevens- You really came into your own this year. You worked hard and you earned it. Thanks for all you did for AU. You are going to go places!
Demond Washington- I remember you playing at MGCCC. You are a model for kiddos who want to play big football but need an alternative route. Thanks for sticking with it and not giving up. I use you as an example to encourage my players (students) who need to go to JUCO first. Thank you! You are going to do great things.
Terrell Zachery- You always found a way to make a big play when things were on the line. I hope you are successful in everything you do. Keep fighting. AU will miss you.
Lee Ziemba- From 'False Start, offense, #73' to someone who was a team leader who never, ever let anyone or anything through to his QB. You made a difference at AU, both by your spirit and your football talents. You were a leader on this team and you made a difference. I look forward to seeing great things from you in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment